Sunday, March 13, 2016

Weekly Meal Plan

I absolutely despise grocery shopping. 

If I could figure out a way to have EVERYTHING delivered to my door I would do it.  But some stuff just has to be fresh.  So....to the store I go.  Today's shopping consisted of my local ValuMarket, Kroger, and Aldi.  Aldi is really far from me (about 25 miles) so altogether it took me about 2.5 hours to visit all three stores.

I spent about $116.00 this week but I got a ton of snacks.  I was surprised to find that for the third week in a row, I pretty much spent the exact same amount at Aldi, despite getting different items.  This week they had white fudge pretzels.  White chocolate is my weakness....and I LOVE white chocolate covered pretzels.  So I had to buy them.  I am still in awe of the prices when I shop at Aldi.  My biggest money saver this week was shredded parmesan cheese.  My local grocery charges anywhere from 4.99 to 6.99 depending on the brand.  I purchase it at Aldi for 1.99 for the same size container.  I was SHOCKED!  I use the shredded parmesan to make my own alfredo sauce.  I haven't made any in awhile because cheese is so expensive and it was cheaper to buy the sauce in the jar.  My homemade version is better anyway because I make it with skim milk so it's reduced in fat.

I didn't have to purchase any chicken this week (and won't have to for awhile) because my chicken breast order from Zaycon Foods came in and I picked it up Thursday.  I have never purchased from them before but I was super impressed by what I received.  Forty pounds of chicken for $1.69 per pound....$67.60 total.   The chicken breasts were enormous....seriously.  I was completely blown away by the quality and value.  Prior to ordering, I read a lot of reviews and got opinions from various facebook groups.  The feedback was very positive.  In fact I probably need to do a whole separate post in just by Zaycon experience.  But in the meantime, you can view their website here: ZayconFresh.

Now onto the menu....for the items I got from online recipes, they will be linked.


Since a lot of these recipes are ones I have not made before, I will try to remember to update on how they are.

Also, I got a little brave today and recorded my grocery trip.  I apologize that my voice is a bit low and the kids are yelling in the background (they were playing).  Hopefully I'll get better at this.



Enjoy your week!  And thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment